If you are relocating certain authorities must be informed of any change in your business address
- Firstly, notify ‘Companies House’ and this can be done online at https://www.gov.uk/file-changes-to-a-company-with-companies-house, who will, in turn, update the HMRC Corporation Tax Office.
- Advise the HMRC VAT Office in writing if any of the business circumstances on your VAT Registration Application have changed, using form VAT484 which is available at www.hmrc.gov.uk/forms/vat484.pdf.
- You can also inform the HMRC for PAYE online via www.online.hmrc.gov.uk/contact/paye
- If you are regulated for Money Laundering with HMRC (or any other organisation) they must be informed
- Update the information to your pension provider.
- Your Bank either in person at a branch or by telephone.
- The provider of your professional indemnity or any other business insurance by email. They might charge a small fee for the change.
- Send an advance email or some correspondence to your clients and suppliers about the change in address.
- The Royal Mail operates a postal re-direction service to any U.K or overseas address for up to 3, 6, or 12 months which could be useful whilst relocating – www.royalmail.com/personal/receiving-mail/redirection